Community Links is hiring a part-time Regional Coordinator; for the Central region of Nova Scotia. Please see below for the full job description.
Position: Community Links Regional Coordinator: Regional Coordinator HRM, East Hants, Colchester.
Type: .6 FTE (22.5 hours weekly)
Responsible To: Executive Director, Community Links
Community Links is a provincial non-profit dedicated to ensuring older adults are informed, respected and engaged in achieving well-being for themselves and their communities. Members include seniors’ clubs, senior-serving organizations and individuals 55+ who address aspects of aging well, including physical and mental health, active living, social connection, transportation and appropriate, affordable housing; our regionally-based Aging Well Together Coalitions offer members opportunities to increase their collective impact.
Position Scope: To support and facilitate the work of Community Links in fulfilling its mission, vision and strategic priorities in the region, with particular emphasis on the development and support of Aging Well Together Coalitions. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Work as part of a provincial team consisting of Regional Coordinators, Executive Director, provincial office and contract staff.
- In consultation with the staff team, develop an annual work plan which reflects coalition, organizational and regional priorities, staff capacity, and geographic considerations.
- Provide logistical and motivational support to Aging Well Coalitions in developing and carrying out their annual plans.
- Provide support and partnership to other aging well initiatives in the region as appropriate and as time allows.
- Provide training and presentations on a variety of aging well topics.
- Provide quarterly written reports to the Executive Director on the work in the region, including activity logs and outcome data.
- Coordinate or support the regional implementation of provincial projects such as Falls Prevention Week and separately funded projects.
- Represent Community Links at events when needed.
- Demonstrated experience in community development and project management.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of government and community-based programs and services related to seniors’ needs.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Understanding of social indicators of health.
- Experience working with and for older adults.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities.
- Able to work flexible hours and travel throughout region.
- Able to work from a home based office.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle (driver abstract and criminal record check required).
- Must abide by the personnel policies of Community Links.
- A six month probationary period applies.
- Performance appraisal will be undertaken at end of the probationary period and within three months of annual anniversary of hiring.
- Length of contract is contingent on ongoing funding and will end when the funding ends.
- The starting salary range for the position is $22,400 to $24,000 for .6 FTE
- Standard benefits (CPP, EI)
- 3 weeks paid vacation plus paid time off between Christmas and New Year
- Reimbursement for travel and home office expenses.
Closing date for applications is November 22, 2019.
Please apply by email only with a resume and cover letter to: