Seeking Volunteer Board Members to represent Central, Northern and Eastern Regions as well as a Member at Large
Application accepted until August 8, 2021
Community Links is a province-wide organization that promotes and supports aging well friendly communities by connecting individuals and organizations.
Being on the Community Links Board of Directors offers an opportunity to set strategic direction as we address issues impacting aging in Nova Scotia in collaboration with other individuals, organizations, and partners across the province. Your input will help ensure older Nova Scotians are seen, heard and valued no matter their age, ability or lived reality.
The Board is made up of 8-10 Directors representing the following areas: Western (Lunenburg, Queens, Shelburne, Yarmouth, Digby, Annapolis, Kings), Northern (Cumberland, Colchester- East Hants, Pictou), Central (HRM, West Hants), Eastern (Antigonish, Guysborough, Richmond, Inverness, Victoria, Cape Breton) and 2 Members at Large (based anywhere in Nova Scotia).
Roles and Responsibilities of a Board Member
- Attend quarterly board meetings and committees.
- Review materials prior to meetings and actively participate by sharing your perspective and expertise.
- Ensure effective planning and provide financial oversight.
- Represent your region, share information with and through your networks and help expand the reach of Community Links.
- Be a champion for aging well and the work of Community Links.
What you bring:
- Commitment to improving the quality of life and well being of older Nova Scotians.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more areas of Board governance e.g. management, legal, finance, public relations, human resources, and public policy.
- Ability to represent and understand issues from a provincial and regional perspective.
- Understanding of issues faced by older adults in rural areas.
- Familiarity with housing issues – affordability, accessibility, adaptability, and safety; or accessibility and Access by Design 2030.
- Diverse first-voice perspective.
Authority and Responsibility
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for Community Links Association. As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of trust and is responsible for the effective governance and financial affairs of the organization.
If interested, please submit a letter outlining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. or call 902-422-0914/toll free 1-855-253-9355 for more information.
All applications will be held in strict confidence and will be reviewed by the Board Recruitment Committee.