Seeking Volunteer Board Members to represent Central, Northern and Eastern Regions as well as a Member at Large
Community Links is seeking Volunteer Board Members to represent Northern and Western Regions as well Directors at Large
Community Links is a province-wide organization that promotes and supports age friendly communities by connecting individuals and organizations.
Being on the Community Links Board of Directors offers an opportunity to set strategic direction as we address issues impacting aging in Nova Scotia in collaboration with other individuals, organizations, and partners across the province. Your input will help ensure older Nova Scotians are seen, heard and valued no matter their age, ability or lived reality.
Qualifications and Skills
- Commitment to improving the quality of life and well-being of older Nova Scotians and the development of age friendly communities
- Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Board governance e.g. management, legal, finance, public relations, human resources, community/stakeholder knowledge, and public policy.
- Experience in accessibility and inclusion, community development, collective impact, communications, fund development, advocacy, and social wellbeing are assets.
- Represent and understand issues from a provincial and regional perspective.
- Understand issues faced by older adults in rural areas and from diverse communities.
If interested, please submit a letter outlining your experience to Executive Director Helen MacDonnell at Director@nscommunitylinks.ca. Please call 902-422-0914 or toll free 1-855-253-9355 or visit https://nscommunitylinks.ca/ for more information.
Deadline for submissions is Friday April 30, 2023