Position: Community Links – Regional Coordinator Pictou, Antigonish, Richmond
Type: .6 FTE (3 days per week)
Responsible To: Executive Director, Community Links
Mission: Community Links is a province-wide organization that supports the establishment of age-friendly, inclusive communities by linking with others to promote needed changes.
Vision: Seniors in Nova Scotia are informed, respected and engaged in achieving well-being for themselves and their communities.
Position Scope: To support and facilitate the work of Community Links in fulfilling its mission, vision and strategic priorities in the region, with particular emphasis on the development and support of Ageing Well Together Coalitions.
- Work as part of a provincial team consisting of Regional Coordinators, Executive Director, provincial office and contract staff.
- In consultation with the staff team, develop an annual work plan which reflects coalition, organizational and regional priorities, staff capacity, and geographic considerations
- Provide logistical and motivational support to Ageing Well Coalitions in developing and carrying out their annual plans
- Provide support and partnership to other ageing well initiatives in the region as appropriate and as time allows
- Provide training and presentations on a variety of ageing well topics
- Provide quarterly written reports to the Executive Director on the work in the region, including activity logs and outcome data
- Coordinate or support the regional implementation of provincial projects such as Falls Prevention Week and separately funded projects.
- Represent Community Links at events when needed
Lines of Responsibility: The staff person will report directly to the Executive Director of Community Links, who in turn reports to the Community Links Board.
- demonstrated experience in community development, networking and project management:
- understanding of social indicators of health
- experience working with and for older adults
- ability to work independently and manage priorities
- able to work flexible hours.
- able to work from a home based office.
- Must have valid drivers license and be willing to travel.
- must abide by the personnel policies of Community Links.
- a six month probationary period applies.
- Performance appraisal will be undertaken at end of the probationary period and within three months of annual anniversary of hiring.
- Length of contract is contingent on ongoing funding and will end when the funding ends.
- The starting salary range for the position is $22,400 to $24,000 for 3 days/week
- Standard benefits (CPP, EI)
- 3 weeks paid vacation plus time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Reimbursement for travel and home office expenses.
Please apply by email only with a resume and cover letter by January 4, 2019 to: