Communications Assistant–Summer Position
Community Links is a provincial non-profit dedicated to ensuring older adults are informed, respected and engaged in achieving well-being for themselves and their communities. Members include seniors’ clubs, senior-serving organizations and individuals who address aspects of aging well including physical and mental health, active living, social connection, transportation and appropriate, affordable housing; our regionally-based Aging Well Together Coalitions offer members opportunities to increase their collective impact.
Position: (7 weeks, 35h/week) to be located at Community Links Provincial Office, Spring Garden Road, Halifax $17.00/hr.
Description of duties:
- Help develop a communications plan including online publications and website resources.
- Investigate best practices for creation, marketing to sponsors, and distribution of free calendars to 10,000 plus homes across Nova Scotia.
- Help develop promotional materials for Community Links and Community Links Coalitions.
- Assist in updating our membership list and database.
Aging Well Photo Contest/ Year of Aging Well 2020 Calendar:
Coordinate an Aging Well photo contest for use in our 2020 Year of Aging Well Calendar, including:
- Market the contest
- Correspond with entrants
- Take photos of special events if required.
- Organize, crop, and enhance photos as needed
- Identify and solicit contest prizes from appropriate sponsors
- Develop draft content for the calendar
- Match photos to calendar content
Other: Assist with administrative support activities for both Community Links Provincial Office and Aging Well Together Coalitions
Supervision: Supervision by Executive Director.
Qualifications: Interest and experience in marketing. Above average communication skills, including social media skills. Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access). Interest and skills in photography and familiarity with Photoshop or other photo editing software.
Is between 15 and 30 years of age and meets participant requirements set by Canada Summer Jobs.
Please apply by email to Director@nscommunitylinks.ca by June 14 2019.